learning to be more like Christ one day at a time.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Must-See Video
This is a 17-minute video that (I think) does a fabulous job of explaining our maternal health care crisis and offers suggestions to improve it. A must-see video for anyone who is pregnant, may become pregnant in the future or is simply concerned with the overmedicalization of birth in the United States.
"The Lord is the everlasting God... He will not grow tired or weary... He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak... those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." ~Isaiah 40:28-31
Krista's Journey
For the last 10 years, I've been on a journey that has completely changed who I am as a person, as a wife and as a follower of Christ. Its the journey of mothering. Through an array of experiences, I have fallen in love with natural childbirth and natural mothering. I strive to love my kids the way Jesus loves me. Its hardly ever easy and I fail all the time, but it teaches me what I believe God wants me to learn. I love meeting other moms with similar beliefs, so if you have stumbled onto the blog, feel free to leave a note and say "hi"! I look forward to sharing my story with you.
"There is power that comes to women when they give birth. They don't ask for it, it simply invades them. Accumulates like clouds on the horizon and passes through, carrying the child with it." ~Sheryl Feldman
Quote
"When you have come to the edge of all the light you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly." ~Patrick Overter
No comments:
Post a Comment