Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Two Birth Related TV Shows

So, I'm watching two shows (yay tivo!) that I normally don't ever watch: Birth Day and Deliver Me Home Edition. The Birth Day episode is about VBAC and I was interested to see what they would say about it. Interestingly, the show was produced in 2000 when VBAC was actually encouraged by the medical community. Of course it was totally medical model and one woman had an unnecessary repeat C (she was "overdue" at just over 41 weeks and her induction failed....of course!) but I was pleasantly surprised that they gave a lot of accurate information and seemed quite positive about VBAC. I was also impressed that DHC is still airing this 9 years later, especially now that the medical community is not so VBAC-friendly.

I'm disappointed in this Deliver Me Home Edition show and wondering what in the world is "home edition" about it? It looks like every other birth show (in hospital of course) to me. I can't for the life of me figure out why they named it that! I guess its because they follow up with families "at home".....whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment